Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cowboy Cadillac

Almost done packing and getting ready to go. Heading out at Oh Dark Thirty tomorrow. First stop will be to drop the dogs off at Dog Camp in Stevenson and then on to Missoula. Long day at about 540 miles. I want to get in to Great Falls before noon on Saturday and this leaves me with a shorter drive on the second day.

The Suburban AKA Cowboy Cadillac is ready to go. I put in the third seat so I can shuttle five or six passengers around when we're at the conference in Great Falls. The rigs a beast, but it's comfortable and I like having the mass around me - you never know when you'll run into something!





This accident occurred north of Deer Lodge on I-90.  The driver was an approximately 22 year old guy heading east to College.  He had left central Washington early in the morning.  He fell asleep at the wheel and drifted off the shoulder hitting the end of the section of guard rail.

The guard rail came through the right headlight, engine compartment, firewall, glove box, passenger seat, rear seat and exited out the driver’s side rear window.  That is 120 lineal feet of guard rail that threaded through the suburban.

No passengers and the driver was not injured. This why I drive a Suburban - Try that in a Toyota!

Here's the map for Day One - Starting at A - Portland going to B -Stevenson/Dog Camp, then to C  - Coeur d' Alene for a burger and then to D - Missoula




No comments:

Post a Comment